Friday, November 14, 2008

ART 118 Project #2

These are not at all the colors that were in my illustrator document: so I guess perfect example of what we were talking about in class how I need to convert from CMYK to RGB.... but I haven't quite figured out how to do that, so until then I'll just leave this one up.
This isn't really related to the process of our ART 120 projects but I thought I would end up using my blog to post images of my work from all my classes as well.

This particular project was to use type as a visual element. We had to state a design objective to explain our project to the class. My overall design objective was to use both straight lines, angels of letters and a curvalinear element to show and explore the relationship between the two figures.

I was happy with the colors that I ended up going with, they were really bright and vibrant and while using Helvetica I got a rather late 1980's feel from the whole thing.

Something I struggled with overall was where to place the type, I was going for all the obvious places that lined up with the letters. Since I was going for an overall simple design I really wanted the typography to play a larger part in the appeal of my design. I created color segments throughout the letterforms and ended up placing the type along one of the constructed shapes inside of the letter G.

No comments: