Tuesday, March 15, 2011

MAMA made : Reversible A-Line ruffle dress



A-Line Ruffle Dress + Matching diaper cover


Fabric: Top Amy Butler

Bottom and Bias: Anna Marie Horner



"Choosing handmade is choosing a slower way of life, one rooted in tradition and creative expression."






- Cathy McMurray /PDX






Once Amalie goes to sleep The "Crafting Hour" begins in my house. I have more ideas floating around in my head all day than I know what to do with. I've been writing them all down and trying to just get to one project a week so I can both feel like I'm accomplishing something and not getting too overwhelmed by starting 5 projects and leaving the majority of them unfinished and in the "Will get to eventually" pile.






I got a great pattern off of etsy from one of my favorite stores : Heidi and Finn






Her tutorial are so easy to follow and the clothes always turn out wonderful.






I modified her ruffled tank-top pattern, turned it into a dress and made a diaper cover to pair with it.






I lusted over a bias tape maker for sometime and for Christmas my mother-in-law got one for me. Yippee ! So EVERYTHING i've been making of course needs adorable matching bias tape !






Needless to say my child is going to one hip chick this Spring/Summer



Also...

This outfit cost less than 5.00 to make.