Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Excited for our little AMALIE CLAIRE !




I was totally convinced we were having a boy ! Everyone was thinking it was a boy (not like they really have a good reason to choose one or the other) but still once everyone ( well minus my bestie Shelly the only one who thought it was a girl all along) was saying "oh it's going to be a boy" I just kind of went along with it. So today came as a BIG surprise.

Ultrasound story:

This story will be way more funny to those of you who know I have the SMALLEST bladder in the whole world.

They have you drink 16 oz of water before the visit, and it has to be finished atleast 30 min before you are seen. Are you joking me like I can drink that much and not pee within the first 1o min if i'm lucky. So I pee once...... head to the office and i'm bursting at the seams when I fly through the doors asking where I can go. The lady at the front desk told me polietly I was not able to use the restroom because I needed a full bladder. I tried to inform her I would have a full bladder in another 10min of waiting but just needed to pee !! She laughed and said your bladder only fills up once an hour.
I get called back right away and lay down, gripping the sides of the table praying I don't spring a leak. The baby is sleeping.... she pokes a little more to see if she'll wake up or stretch. Nothing.
I"m then told maybe my bladder is not full yet and I need to roll on my side and wait, she'll be back in 5 min. My bladder isn't full enough yet, has she not heard one word i've been saying ! I"m going to pee.. and pee soon. She comes back and takes some measurements that she can, mostly just of the head and brain. She says I might have to come back to finish the ultrasound another day. My heart drops, I was so excited to find out what we were having ! Chad knowing he would not have a happy wifey later if I could find out speaks up for me and asks if it's impossible to find out gender. The lady says she'll do in internal ultrasound for us and will probably be able to see what she needs to. For this you get to empty your bladder ! Hurray. Run down the hall pee and head back to the room. Lay down and get the whole thing started. She tries to measure a few more things during this time and within 2 min she said she is running against the clock to find the gender because my bladder is already 3/4 full again ! She was shocked ! I think now she believed me I could have peed several times and still had a full bladder for the ultrasound.

End of Story I do have the smallest bladder in the world and i'm not crazy !

After that we had her write down what we were having and we wen't out to lunch with Chad's parents and sis and opened it all together !

Now i'm all ready to start shopping for girlie stuff.

Amalie Claire we are so excited to have you in our family :)

No comments: