Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Money Saving Mama

Chad and I are less than a month away from our 2 year wedding anniversary and finally we are narrowing down on a budget for ourselves, and savings plan (well hopes of one when we have money to save.) It seams like time and time again we get things figured out we think we are on a roll we save a few hundred dollars then a CRISIS happens... tire blows out on I5, I get sick and have to spend 300+ on doctor visits, well you get the idea. We understand we are in a hard situation and we won't be newly married, students with a child on the way for the rest of our lives. But it seams so hard to get ahead sometimes ! We know we are not going to actually start putting money away for a house and new car any time soon but we are trying to get our budget down to a science to make sure each month we keep our heads above water until we graduate and move on to 2 full time paying jobs ! Trying to figure out how much we spend each month or certain things is so tough sometimes but with my new helpful friend Mint.com hopefully we will be on a strict budget for awhile ! (Thanks Shell for showing me this amazing site) I highly recommend anyone wanting to get a budget and manage it easily to use this, it is AMAZING !

With our budget goals we are tying to be more thrifty on certain things such as coffee outings ( We have already spend 75.00 dollars this month ! ) Next month our goal is 25/ each all month, hopefully watching it more closely will help us stay on track.

Blog of interest to cut money of your grocery bill. I haven't gone shopping yet this week but once I do I'll see how much I can save off my total bill !

http://krazycouponlady.blogspot.com

No comments: