Monday, January 18, 2010

I Try I really do !

Ah the saga of getting Amalie to take naps continues...... Yesterday was awesome she slept all day long ! Today she has been awake all day long ! I have paced the house bouncing her in the dark until I was pretty sure I had lost at least 500 calories, put her in the swing, the bouncer, laid her on my bed, the bassinet, rocked her, swayed, and repeat. At what point it's been about 2 hours and alas she is hungry again, so the cycle starts over after an hour long nursing session (I'll post about my love/hate relationship with nursing later and the inevitable formula that will be coming soon) at what point, I threw in the towel. I feel horrible sometimes that she can go so long without taking a nap, but I really have tried everything ! She doesn't get fussy or irritable, just looks hyper and wants to play. So today I decided to stop trying and gave in and put her in her crib with some toys to keep her occupied so I could get some homework done, oh and PEE ! I think my full bladder kept me dancing for a while longer than usual :) Now it's been 1 hour of silence in the dark, went in to check on her and not a sleepy eye in sight.... so the lights went on, gave her a kiss, she gave me the cutest smile back and I snapped a picture of her playing.

Fingers crossed this could mean a good night rest for Chad and I ? Chad's free day (no work or school) tomorrow so if she is hyper thankfully he'll be able to stay up with her. He's the most wonderful husband in the whole world, If I haven't mentioned that yet ! Such a huge help all the time, we miss him so much when he's gone !

No comments: